Monday, March 16, 2026

Final Reflection

I actually cannot believe that this is my last blog post before sharing the links. It feels unreal. It’s been such a journey, but I’m glad I’m done and happy with my finished product.

When I first heard about this project, I truly thought I wouldn’t be able to do it because it seemed like so much, and it was, but it helped me learn so many things about editing, filming, audio, everything. And I’m so grateful that I had the opportunity to work on it.

Especially when I realized I would have to do it alone, I got so scared, because I had very different ideas from the friend I usually work with, and we decided to each do our own project. That made me even more stressed when I realized I was going to had to take on this enormous amount of work completely alone.

This is why I’m glad I had help from others. My sister filmed most of it, and my friends also helped me film and gave me ideas on what I could do and how I could execute it. They supported me every time I had a meltdown thinking I wouldn’t be able to do it.

I also learned so many things about myself. I learned that if I’m determined, I can get anything done, even if I procrastinate a little bit like I did with this one, which I now know not to do again. But that’s what I had to work with.

There were also some things I couldn’t control, like when I could film. For example, everything had to be filmed at night, which really set me back because I couldn’t film on school days since I had homework and had to sleep early. So I had to film on weekends, staying up around three extra hours trying to get everything done. Then there was a point where I filmed scenes with the voice in the background, and it sounded terrible, so I had to completely redo all those scenes on a different day. That set me back a lot too.

But looking back, I’m so glad I was able to finish. I’m so glad I had so many people helping me, and I’m happy with the final result.


I also spent so much time on the CCRs, which were a big worry for me. Apart from filming a whole movie opening, I had to do two more videos, and I had no clue how to do them. I had so many ideas, but they were unfortunately shot down by my teacher, so I had to come up with new creative and professional ideas for the CCRs, which was a challenge.

Once I finally had my ideas, I had to figure out a way to execute them. I set up a whole area in my dad’s office because it looked professional, and I thought it would work well for the director’s commentary. I had also never really watched director’s commentaries before, so I had to watch a bunch of videos to understand how I was supposed to do it, plus add the voice from my film for a kind of comedic effect.

And for the podcast, I had to write out my whole script and figure out how to keep it long enough without making it too long. Then I had to find music for the beginning that was completely copyright-free and fit the intro of a podcast, and figure out how to structure it so it would sound like a real, professional podcast.

But in the end, it all turned out fine, and I learned a lot. So I’m truly grateful that I got this experience, happy that I finished on time, and am so proud of the result.

Though, I also have to keep in mind that I didn't have professional grade products so it's not going to look and sound as great as if it had all that, but I hope you really enjoy it, while also keeping that in mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening & CCR Links

Film Opening: I'm so glad I am finally able to share my film opening. I hope you learn something from the message I was trying to send, ...